Salt Farm Coat - 25th Anniversary Edition
Excerpt from our original 1995 catalog:
"The Ram Island Salt Farm, just south of Portland, Maine on Cape Elizabeth, sits on the east side of the tiny inlet at the top end of Higgin's Beach. Among other things, they make hay here, May through October. From the brow of the hill, the fields drop in a deliberate free-fall right down to the Atlantic. No beach there. Just rock and salt spray make the transition. In the barns above, Phineas Sprague, Jr. still restores wooden lobster boats. Every winter, for as long as anyone can recall, his father Phineas Sr., has rowed out past the point in his Barnegat Bay Sneak Box to gun for eiders. God willing, this year won't be any different."
From Maine to Alaska, 12oz. cotton duck is perhaps one of the most commonly found tools on working farms and ranches. There's a reason. From covering grain and equipment to hoisting cattle from a mud hole, it's durability and versatility are irreplaceable and legendary.
We think of our Salt Farm Coat in similar terms. We're bringing back this workhorse of a coat, made identical to the original save sizing adjustments and a 100% cotton shirting fabric lining. Full, boxy, sturdy...practical. Pockets that mean something and a collar that feels right, up, because it serves its purpose. 100% cotton, 12oz SuperDux fabric is weatherproof and keeps it dry and clean. Spot clean by hand using mild soap if necessary.
The 25th Anniversary Salt Farm Coat is a limited production run and each garment is marked with a unique serial number identifier.
- 25th Anniversary Edition, each coat marked with unique serial number identifier
- 12oz. SuperDux, 100% cotton, weatherproof shell
- Corozo nut buttons throughout
- 100% cotton shirting lining in body, taffeta lining in sleeves
- Two large front dump pockets, with expandable gussets and button-over flap closures
- Integrated hand warmer pockets
- Large, gusseted left chest pocket with button-over flap closure
- Key chain loop hidden under flap of lower front dump pocket
- Zippered concealment pocket between chest and lower dump pocket
- Zippered right chest pocket, angled for easy access to cell phone
- Broad, rancher style sleeve cuffs, lined with corduroy and two button closures
- Interior left chest pocket with button closure
- Interior concealment pocket with button closure located on right hip
- Double gusset back, expands with movement
- Double underarm gussets with aluminum ventilation grommets
- Broad, functional collar with button-over weather closure
- Adjustable waist tabs adjust fit and secure with two buttons