Uncle Jack's Blanket-Flannel Shirt - Red-Blue Plaid
Uncle Jack's Blanket-Flannel Shirt
- 10 oz. heavy weight blanket weave fabric
- 55-45 Cotton / Linen blend, Portuguese yarns
- Two, shoulder back box pleats
- Bar stitch reinforcement at key stress points
- Point collar, meticulously contoured from neck-back to shirt front
- Double needle construction throughout
- Signature shirttail flap button
- Two button, adjustable sleeve cuff closure
- Extra-large front pockets
- Button flap front pocket closure
- Just-right shirttails…wear tucked or untucked
- Made in Portugal
- This build is less than 100 shirts in total
- Machine wash or dry-clean
"Uncle Jack" Sheimreif is the original Atlantic Rancher and the inspiration for our company. Living a simple, rewarding life with purpose and integrity was his thing. When he was first featured in our catalog in 1995, folks would ask me: where did you find that “model”? I laughed of course as we’ve never used models and was amused those folks didn’t get he was my uncle. Throughout the years, Uncle Jack has inspired many of our products…the Barnegat Bay Cruiser, the AR Fleece Bomber, our clam and oyster shucking knives, the AR cast iron bottle opener and our sea salt rubs just to name a few. However, he rarely wore our clothes. He’d tell me, “Why would I when the one I’s got suits me just fine?” That is until I showed him one of our Bayman’s Blanket-Flannel Shirt and then things changed. He could have had any, but his pick-‘o-the-litter was this one. He was so tied to this shirt he wore it like a uniform…tonging for clams on Great Bay, NJ and rigging sailfish baits in Stuart, FL.
We reached way back into our Vintage Locker and photos of Uncle Jack to remind of this tugboat of shirt we first built in 1995, The Bayman’s Blanket-Flannel Shirt. Beware, this is not your casual-at-the-office kind of shirt, unless of course your office is choring on the back 40, huntin’ in the bay or fishin’ offshore. No, this shirt is more a piece of gear than it is clothing.
Fabric selection is the key here. We’ve woven this fabric from a hefty, 10oz yarn-dyed 55 cotton/45 linen blend. Why linen? Because linen is 30% stronger than cotton and lasts longer…as in years longer than cotton on its own. The patterns are vintage all the way. We’re making less than 100 shirts in total this season...so if these shirts are your thing, make ‘em your thing quickly.
Uncle Jack’s Blanket-Flannel Shirt is a reintroduction using archival fabric. We’ve made less than 100 shirts in total in this small batch production run. Quantities are limited to available fabric and will not be restocked.