Atlantic Rancher Short Sleeve Crew T-Shirt in Cream
100% Cotton Short Sleeve Crew T-Shirt
- 100% Tanguis cotton, grown and processed in Peru
- 8 oz. Jersey knit fabric
- Built from 20/1, combed and ring-spun yarn
- 3 needle / 5 thread coverstitch construction
- Contour fitted torso, shoulder, armhole, and sleeve – NOT Tubular construction
- Vector shaped collar perfectly contours neck, shoulder, and will not bacon-roll
- Pigment garment dyed for a smooth, soft feel
- Sea-salt washed for a worn-in look
Our T’s and Pullovers are made from 100% Tanguis cotton, an indigenous crop grown and processed in Peru. Tanguis is an extra-long staple variety prized for its natural bright-white color and is significantly softer, stronger, and longer lasting than other cottons. It naturally resists pilling, shrinking, and disintegration over time.
We use a combed and ring-spun process for making our yarn. This is step-level change that significantly improves in the quality of the yarn. After the yarn fibers have been spun, they are combed to remove any impurities or imperfect strands. We use 20/1 yarn weight
We use a full cut-and-sew with side seams construction. Our t-shirts and pullovers are designed and tailored to conform to key measurements on the body, including: shoulder point, shoulder drop, chest, mid-section, hem, front length, back length, collar opening, front / back collar drop, armhole, and sleeve length.
This is in contrast to the less expensive, “tubular construction”…the one-size-fits-most, cookie-cutter approach to used in mass-production operations.
The Fabric and Finish
Our fabric starts out in the greige state which is the unbleached-undyed natural color of the cotton. After the garment is sewn, it is garment washed and pigment dyed for color. Finally, the garment is sea-salt washed to create the vintage, worn-in look and feel. The resulting fabric is a hefty, 8 oz. / mtr.