Bayman's Flannel Shirt - Blue / Sand Plaid
Bayman's Flannel Shirt
This is the shirt Pop-Pop loved!
“Most knew him as ‘Piney’. We called him that ‘cause he grew up in Lumberton, right there on the edge of the Pine Barrens. His first real job was driving a school bus. He got awful smart driving that bus, he did, ‘cause by the time he went on, he’d built the largest law firm in southern Jersey. Wintertime, he’d spend at Diz’s shack on them broadbills or over at Forty-acre Pond sittin’ for black ducks. Summertime, he’d leave Mt. Holly by four o’clock. By quarter past five, he’d be in his boat headin’ down the bay… half-dressed and shirttail a flappin’… loved fishing that whitewater, he did. No matter what, he usually had his twin grandsons ‘long side…they called him Pop-Pop”
- Harold T. “Piney” Parker as recalled by “Uncle Jack” Scheimreif, Beach Haven, NJ.
- 5.3 oz mid-weight, 100%, yarn-dyed Portuguese cotton
- Brushed finish exterior face
- Corozo buttons
- Center back box pleat
- Bar stitch reinforcement at key stress points
- Point collar, meticulously contoured from neck-back to shirt front
- Collar stays…let you go from the bay to the boardroom in one smooth move
- Double needle construction throughout
- Signature shirttail flap button
- Two button, adjustable sleeve cuff closure
- Button flap front pocket closure
- Just-right shirttails…wear tucked or untucked
- Made in Portugal
- Machine wash or dry-clean
The Bayman’s Flannel Shirt is a mainstay of our shirt program. However, colors featured here are part of our small batch production run. Quantities are limited to available fabric and will not be restocked.
After purchasing a lightweight short sleeve Bimini Shirt last summer, I recently decided to get the Bayman’s Flannel Shirt. Once again I was not disappointed. I chose the Blue/Sand plaid and the colors are awesome. These shirts are true to size and mine fits amazing, offering plenty of room to move around, but without the bagginess often found in flannel shirts. This shirt has such a smart look, whether wearing in on a stream doing a little flyfishing or a day in the office. I wear mine untucked and the length is just right. This is my third product from Atlantic Rancher and I will surely purchase more.
Beautiful shirt well made no loose threads. Looking forward to cooler weather.