Bayman's Flannel Shirt - Green / Brown
$66.00 USD $132.00 USD
Bayman's Flannel Shirt
This is the shirt Pop-Pop loved!
“Most knew him as ‘Piney’. We called him that ‘cause he grew up in Lumberton, right there on the edge of the Pine Barrens. His first real job was driving a school bus. He got awful smart driving that bus, he did, ‘cause by the time he went on, he’d built the largest law firm in southern Jersey. Wintertime, he’d spend at Diz’s shack on them broadbills or over at Forty-acre Pond sittin’ for black ducks. Summertime, he’d leave Mt. Holly by four o’clock. By quarter past five, he’d be in his boat headin’ down the bay… half-dressed and shirttail a flappin’… loved fishing that whitewater, he did. No matter what, he usually had his twin grandsons ‘long side…they called him Pop-Pop”
- Harold T. “Piney” Parker as recalled by “Uncle Jack” Scheimreif, Beach Haven, NJ.
- 5.3 oz mid-weight, 100%, yarn-dyed Portuguese cotton
- Brushed finish exterior face
- Corozo buttons
- Center back box pleat
- Bar stitch reinforcement at key stress points
- Point collar, meticulously contoured from neck-back to shirt front
- Collar stays…let you go from the bay to the boardroom in one smooth move
- Double needle construction throughout
- Signature shirttail flap button
- Two button, adjustable sleeve cuff closure
- Button flap front pocket closure
- Just-right shirttails…wear tucked or untucked
- Made in Portugal
- Machine wash or dry-clean
The Bayman’s Flannel Shirt is a mainstay of our shirt program. However, colors featured here are part of our small batch production run. Quantities are limited to available fabric and will not be restocked.
I wish you’d line up the plaid on the sleeves.. at least have the sleeves matching. I think for the price that could be engineered.. many less expensive makers do it.. otherwise it’s a really well made shirt and feels great.