Bayman's Twill Shirt - Orange / Blue Multi Color
$53.00 USD $132.00 USD
Bayman's Twill Shirt
- 5.3 oz mid-weight, 100%, yarn-dyed Portuguese cotton twill
- Corozo buttons
- Center back box pleat
- Bar stitch reinforcement at key stress points
- Point collar, meticulously contoured from neck-back to shirt front
- Collar stays…let you go from the bay to the boardroom in one smooth move
- Double needle construction throughout
- Signature shirttail flap button
- Two button, adjustable sleeve cuff closure
- Button flap front pocket closure
- Just-right shirttails…wear tucked or untucked
- Made in Portugal
- Machine wash or dry-clean
This is the shirt Pop-Pop loved!
“Most knew him as ‘Piney’. We called him that ‘cause he grew up in Lumberton, right there on the edge of the Pine Barrens. His first real job was driving a school bus. He got awful smart driving that bus, he did, ‘cause by the time he went on, he’d built the largest law firm in southern Jersey. Wintertime, he’d spend at Diz’s shack on them broadbills or over at Forty-acre Pond sittin’ for black ducks. Summertime, he’d leave Mt. Holly by four o’clock. By quarter past five, he’d be in his boat headin’ down the bay… half-dressed and shirttail a flappin’… loved fishing that whitewater, he did. No matter what, he usually had his twin grandsons ‘long side…they called him Pop-Pop”
- Harold T. “Piney” Parker as recalled by “Uncle Jack” Scheimreif, Beach Haven, NJ.
The Bayman’s Flannel Shirt is a mainstay of our shirt program. However, colors featured here are part of our small batch production run. Quantities are limited to available fabric and will not be restocked.
My Bayman's Twill shirt is the best-made garment I now own. Quite honestly, the price point is a bit daunting for workwear, but as my wife is an ex-garmento, I understand that's what it now costs to get "the way they used to make 'em". I was especially pleased about the comfortable quality of the twill. I would only add that I would like to see some more adventurous colorways, that's why this particular shirt really stood out.