Boatyard Shirt - 25th Anniversary Edition - Olive
Brushed Cotton Twill Boatyard Shirt
- 100% Cotton, 10oz brushed twill, garment dyed fabric
- Doubled-up shoulder and sleeve cap
- Wrist-to-elbow wear patches
- Two, shoulder back box pleats
- Bar stitch reinforcement at key stress points
- Point collar, meticulously contoured from neck-back to shirt front
- Double needle construction throughout
- Signature Dog-house button closure configuration, neck to chest
- Two button, adjustable sleeve cuff closure
- Extra-large front pockets with snap closures
- Just-right shirttails…wear tucked or untucked
- Made in Portugal
- Machine wash & dry or dry-clean
This shirt is the sistership to our Boatyard Pant and Boatyard Jacket…both birthed at the Marblehead Boatyard, 89 Front Street, circa 1995, and inspired by the wily cast of characters we fondly recall as the Boatyard Boys: Dinzi, Moose, Lars, Tobi, and a few others we can’t mention.
The backstory on this build is not one I admit often, as it involves an uprising of sorts staged by the Boatyard Boys saying our shirt were now being made for and worn by the fancy lads at the Eastern Yacht Club and no longer fit for serious yard duty. “Wouldn’t be caught drowned in one of ‘em” they told me. These rumblings soaked for a few weeks and after many after-work sessions around the community beer bucket, I finally got it out of them: “those nifty plaids shirts you’re passing off as work shirts ain’t work shirts.”
Alrighty then Boys, here you are…a tugboat of a work shirt you’ll die working in because it’s not one you’re going to outlive. And what a bruiser of a shirt it is. It wouldn’t be so if not for the 100% cotton, 10oz heavy twill base fabric…you just will not wear through it. This build has doubled-up shoulder coverings, wrist-to-elbow wear patches, a sturdy built-up collar, extra tall chest pockets with snap closures and new, only available on this shirt, our signature dog-house button closure configuration. And to honor the Boatyard Boys unique sense of fashion, the shirts are garment dyed in their favorite colors: khaki, olive, and navy.
The Original Boatyard Shirt, one of our finest moments, is being reintroduced now as the 25th Anniversary Edition, even though we’re a little late due to all the s**t going on in the world. Each shirt carries the 25th Anniversary Edition label and is marked with its unique serial number identifier.
Shirt and service are outstanding!!!!!!