Saltwash Flannel Dock Shirt - Bimini Blue
Saltwash Flannel Dock Shirt...Our Salty Dogs!
Anyone who’s ever spent a day on the open ocean, taking salt spray over the bow will recognize and appreciate the look and lived-in feel of our Saltwashed Flannel Dock Shirt. For all those that haven’t…here’s your chance to say you have. Yet another “Idea From A Lifetime At Sea” that we pioneered back in 1995, when our saltwash treatment was thought of as just plain loopy. Well, you can call us salty…but don’t take us with a grain of salt. We start with a mid-weight, yarn-dyed Portuguese cotton twill, which is substantial, yet suitable for wearing year-round. After the shirts are fully built, we garment-wash ‘em in a bath solution containing rock salt that, among other things, creates slight color variances, a worn-in look and a softer feel. So, go ahead…try one of our Saltwashed Flannel Dock Shirts and surround yourself in a bit of salty air.
- 5 oz. mid-weight, 100% cotton, yarn-dyed Portuguese twill
- Brushed finish both sides of fabric
- Saltwash finish gives this shirt a slightly worn-in look
- Large, Corozo buttons throughout
- Two, back shoulder box pleats
- Bar stitch reinforcement at key stress points
- Point collar, meticulously contoured from neck-back to shirt front
- Collar stays…let you go from the bay to the boardroom in one smooth move
- Double needle construction throughout
- Signature shirttail flap buttons
- Two button, adjustable sleeve cuff closures
- Two, large front chest pockets with button through closures
- Just-right shirttails…wear tucked or untucked
- Made in Portugal
- Machine wash or dry-clean
The Saltwash Dock Shirt is a mainstay of our shirt program. However, colors featured here are part of our small batch production run. Quantities are limited to available fabric and may not be restocked this season.
This is a thoughtful, hard workin shirt, it’s well built and loaded with lots of quality touches. The salt wash finish gives it a nice relaxed look and the weight is perfect for year round wear. I like how I feel in it, for whatever that’s worth.
From the minute I touched the soft feel of this shirt to putting it on- it became an instant favorite. A go to piece and in one of my favorite colors.
Wow! Finally a shirt that's well made and worth the money! The shirt fits me correctly, and is wearing/washing like a sturdy shirt should. Thanks, AR! I'll be adding more of your shirts to my rotation.