The Chamois Dock Shirt in Rust
Chamois Dock Shirt in Rust, 100% Cotton
We’ve built a lot of great shirts over the years. Looking back, every one of them owes its pedigree to this one…the patriarch of our shirt program. As with all our builds, it all starts with the superior raw material selection. As my Uncle Jack used to say: “It’s tough getting to a place called great starting from a place called so-so.” True in boatbuilding, true in decoy carving and true here in our Chamois Dock Shirt.
Chamois cloth is a Northeastern Seaboard classic, made popular by that fellow from Maine in the 1920s. We’ve taken Chamois cloth up a few notches by selecting a superior, Portuguese 100% cotton yarn and weaving it in a twill pattern. Why twill? Because in a twill weave the yarns are packed more tightly together which makes the fabric stronger, thicker and more abrasion resistant than plain weave made from the same yarn. After some serious napping and brushing on both sides of the fabric, we end up with this 10oz. weight, bruiser of a fabric.
- Double-needle stitching throughout
- Two, military-style angled front pockets with button closure flaps
- Reinforced hem patch seams with zig-zag stitching
- Two, 1” expansion plackets at shoulder back
- Engineered underarm gussets with two sewn-in ventilation eyelets
- Collar, pocket flaps and sleeve cuffs are lined with nylon satin
- Sewn-in name tag eyelets, left pocket
- Built in Portugal
- Cut a bit roomier than our standard block (the full torso), and also in the neck and sleeves.
- The Chamois Dock Shirt can be tucked in; however, most will wear it un-tucked as an overshirt or shirt-jack, especially if deployed as workwear out on the water, in the boatyard or in the field.
- Works best as a secondary layer, worn over a short sleeve or long sleeve t-shirt, even over another button up shirt, like a flannel or a lightweight hoodie or ¼ zip.
I was a walking billboard for Poncho, Criquet, True Grit and others until I discovered Atlantic Rancher. Quality and fit are fantastic, cool but unique products.
I have been looking for a shirt like this for years. One of your leading competitors either doesn't make them anymore or just makes them in a few odd colors. This shirt far surpasses what I was looking for. The quality and detail is outstanding. The weight of the fabric is wonderful and it is super comfortable to wear. I actually look for reasons to put this shirt on. I have one recommendation to improve the look, please remove your name under the left breast pocket. I don't mind your logo on the placard but I think the branding under the pocket takes away just a bit from the overall aesthetic of the shirt. Other than that, if the quality of all your items is this good I will be buying more products of yours and probably more Chamios shirts as well. Couldn't be happier.
THE CHAMOIS DOCK SHIRT IS SOLID
You see it instantly, the quality of this shirt is exceptional., It’s easy to spot the quality details of a shirt you’ll have and wear forever. Like all AR stuff it ages we’ll, the Chamois is sturdier than you think, perfect for cooler weather.