The Chamois Dock Shirt
Chamois Dock Shirt, 100% Cotton
We’ve built a lot of great shirts over the years. Looking back, every one of them owes its pedigree to this one…the patriarch of our shirt program. As with all our builds, it all starts with the superior raw material selection. As my Uncle Jack used to say: “It’s tough getting to a place called great starting from a place called so-so.” True in boatbuilding, true in decoy carving and true here in our Chamois Dock Shirt.
Chamois cloth is a Northeastern Seaboard classic, made popular by that fellow from Maine in the 1920s. We’ve taken Chamois cloth up a few notches by selecting a superior, Portuguese 100% cotton yarn and weaving it in a twill pattern. Why twill? Because in a twill weave the yarns are packed more tightly together which makes the fabric stronger, thicker and more abrasion resistant than plain weave made from the same yarn. After some serious napping and brushing on both sides of the fabric, we end up with this 10oz. weight, bruiser of a fabric.
- Double-needle stitching throughout
- Two, military-style angled front pockets with button closure flaps
- Reinforced hem patch seams with zig-zag stitching
- Two, 1” expansion plackets at shoulder back
- Engineered underarm gussets with two sewn-in ventilation eyelets
- Collar, pocket flaps and sleeve cuffs are lined with nylon satin
- Sewn-in name tag eyelets, left pocket
- Built in Portugal
- Cut a bit roomier than our standard block (the full torso), and also in the neck and sleeves.
- The Chamois Dock Shirt can be tucked in; however, most will wear it un-tucked as an overshirt or shirt-jack, especially if deployed as workwear out on the water, in the boatyard or in the field.
- Works best as a secondary layer, worn over a short sleeve or long sleeve t-shirt, even over another button up shirt, like a flannel or a lightweight hoodie or ¼ zip.
We don’t use a 3rd. fulfillment house to process your order. We pick, pack and ship all orders ourselves from our own warehouse. If we receive your order by 12pm PST, we usually ship it to you that day. Otherwise it will ship on the following business day.
Returns & Refunds
If you aren’t happy with what you’ve purchased from Atlantic Rancher, you may return it to us in like-new condition within 30-days of purchase and we’ll process a refund for the full purchase price of the item(s) being returned.
Returns after the normal 30-day window are for store credit only.
I have worn thick fabric felt shirts for years but can't seem to find them anymore in 100% cotton. After several decades, my existing selections had worn out. I found the AR chamois dock shirt online, and after whining about the price, finally purchased it. I love the shirt and am very pleased. It is as well made as advertised, and is everything I had hoped for in a cloth. The fabric is seriously heavy, so much so that I can't wear it indoors as much as I might like.
My only complaint is the branding on the left pocket, a trend that I resist from all apparel companies. But I found it can be mostly scratched off with a fingernail, due to the thick fabric. So now I am proudly wearing my dock shirt with a logo in Hebrew (or is it Arabic?).
Excellent fit and quality! Love it!
Ordered the shirt in size large and fit was as expected (5’-9” @185 pounds). Fabrics is very heavy and quality is great.
Great shirt that can be worn with a light jacket in Fall/Winter/Spring. Heavy weight fabric that will last for a long time.
The perfect over shirt to layer down with just a t shirt or layer up with a light sweater. Need more colors for me to buy.