DryHandle® Quilted Jacket
The Outlaw Gunner Jacket - 25th Anniversary Edition in Burnt Orange
- 25th Anniversary Edition, each jacket marked with unique serial number identifier
- Quilted DryHandle®, 100% cotton, weatherproof fabric shell
- Light, polyester fill insulation
- 100% cotton shirting lining in body, nylon lining in sleeves
- Two large front hand pockets at hip, with expandable gussets
- Zippered left arm utility pocket with two exterior pen slots
- Elasticized, cotton / nylon blend ribbed-knit sleeve cuffs, hem and underarm gussets
- Internal weather flap behind front, YKK brass zipper closure
- Interior left chest pocket with button closure
- Interior concealment pocket with button closure located on right hip
For generations, wildfowling was a way of life along the Eastern Seaboard and market gunning had been a necessary and respected profession. With the enactment of the Migratory Bird Act of 1918, the variant interests of the market gunner and the Federal Game Warden unfolded as a real-life cat-and-mouse game. The struggle became legendary and nowhere was it more vividly played out than along the tidewaters and estuaries of the Chesapeake Bay. Part-time friends and part-time foes, one thing the gunner and the warden shared equally was the bitter gnaw of winter’s salty northwest blows.
When it comes to staying warm, modern-day outfitters have nothing on these men. Dressing in layers was just common sense and the Outlaw Gunner quilted shell was a key component of every bayman’s garb. Worn as an intermediate layer under oiled cotton smocks and bib pants, early versions were often fashioned from discarded quilts or horse blankets.
Our 25th Anniversary Outlaw Gunner Jacket is a limited production run, each jacket is marked with a unique serial number identifier. Made with our exclusive, 6oz. DryHandle®, 100% cotton weatherproof fabric. This garment is an updated rendition of this time-honored, essential component of warmth on the bay. A tight 2x2 quilt pattern over the DryHandle® helps to build air pockets in the poly-fill insulation and keeps them in place. Two large pockets in front, zippered arm pocket on sleeve, two utility pockets inside. The body is full, broad and fully lined with 100% cotton shirting fabric; sleeves lined with nylon. Cotton-nylon rib knit cuffs, neck, waist, and underarm gussets.
Spot clean by hand using mild soap if necessary. However, DryHandle® fabric is stubbornly stain-resistant, so a once-over with a damp sponge is usually all you will need.